At Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center, we pride ourselves on being an approachable source of information for our patients, doctors, and other licensed medical providers who refer patients to us. If the question you have is not listed below, please call (208) 593-4484 and Dr. Peter Killian’s dedicated team at Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center will assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What insurance plans does Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center accept?
Dr. Peter Killian and Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center accept nearly all insurance plans.
Will Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center treat patients with no insurance?
For those with no insurance, our experienced billing coordinator will work with you to address financial concerns so you can receive the medical care you need.
What is the difference between an Otolaryngologist and a Rhinologist?
We use these terms a lot on our site. “Otolaryngologist” is the formal term for an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) physician. A “Rhinologist” is a board-certified Otolaryngologist who has successfully completed fellowship training in the field of rhinology and skull-based surgery. A Rhinologist focuses on the diagnosis and management of disease of the nose, paranasal sinuses, skull base, and orbit and has expertise in endoscopic surgery.
Dr. Killian is an Otolaryngologist (ENT) and a Rhinologist. He successfully completed a fellowship training in the field of rhinology and skull base surgery. To achieve this distinction, a Rhinologist must be selected for an additional sixth year of advanced specialized training beyond what is required for an Otolaryngologist or general ENT physician. You can learn more about Dr. Killian’s qualifications here.
When should I see a rhinology physician for nasal and sinus symptoms?
A rhinologist may be an appropriate physician to talk to for concerns regarding disorders of the nose and sinus issues which includes congestion, headaches, or infections.
Deciding when to go to the doctor is a personal decision. Much of it depends on two factors:
- How quickly and severely did your symptoms appear?
- How much do they impact your daily life?
For example, if you experience a severe sinus headache or severe sinus pain that lasts several days and you are not able to have a quality lifestyle, it’s worth seeing Dr. Killian to diagnose and treat the sinus problem. If you have sudden changes like loss of taste, or constant nasal congestion, call Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center for an appointment. Any ENT problem that suddenly or markedly changes your ability to enjoy life should be medically addressed. You don’t need to suffer unnecessarily and you are likely to benefit from early care.
Please Note: As is always the case, if you feel your symptoms are severe and you are in an emergency situation, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
If I am established with an ENT doctor and want to have my care transferred to Dr. Killian at Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center, what I do?
Contact your current ENT and ask that they transfer your records to Dr. Peter Killian or sign a Release of Information at your first appointment and we will request your records.
Do I need a referral before I can be seen at Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center?
Many insurance companies will require a referral from your referring provider before an appointment is made with Dr. Killian. Failure to obtain a referral can mean the insurance company denies cost of the nasal and sinus care provided by Dr. Killian and you may be responsible for the cost of treatment. However, you can call the staff at Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center for assistance in obtaining a referral. If you do not know if a referral is required, you can also contact your insurance company before confirming an appointment with Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center.
- If you are a referring provider: If you would like to make a referral for a patient to be seen at Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center, please fax the medical records to 208-593-4491. Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center staff will contact the patient directly to set up an appointment with Dr. Killian for nasal and sinus treatment. After diagnosis and treatment, Dr. Killian will provide the referring provider a consultation report.
- If you are a patient: Please check with your referring provider to make sure that a referral has been made to Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center. Make a quick call to Dr. Peter Killian’s experienced staff at (208) 593-4484 for assistance in verifying that a referral has been received and authorized by your insurance company.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
- We will need you to complete the online portal by clicking on the email link that will be sent to you with portal activation information. Once logged in, in the upper left-hand corner click “MyHealth”. This will open a new screen that will have tabs down your left-hand side. Click each tab and enter the information. Press save at the bottom of each page when finished filling out. This will directly import into our system and be your new patient paperwork. If you are having troubles logging in, please call our office at 208-593-4484, Option 1.
- Insurance Card(s)
- Government Issued Photo ID
What should I expect from my first appointment?
You can expect the following from your appointment:
- Your first appointment will be longer than subsequent appointments. This allows Dr. Peter Killian to obtain medical history related to your ENT nasal and sinus discomfort, perform an examination, and thoroughly address your ENT questions and concerns.
- In your first visit, Dr. Killian will also provide you with a treatment plan to resolve your ENT, nasal and sinus symptoms.
- Dr. Killian does an Endoscopy with every new patient as well as with each follow-up visit.
How do I pay my bill?
Click on our Pay Online Button to handle payments online.
How can I access records and notes after my appointments?
Treasure Valley Nasal & Sinus Center uses a Patient Portal that allows you access to medical record information. If you have trouble accessing the Portal through our site, please call (208) 593-4484 for assistance.